Sunday, October 10, 2010

My first Sprint Triathlon


The following weekend, I went home again to do my first sprint triathlon! Which was 300 meter swim, 12 mile bike and 5K run. Olivia convinced me some time ago to do this with her. I was really nervous I have to be honest! I have never done anything like this in my life. But I trained for it, and my goal was to just finish it. I really did not care how long it took me. The end result was I finished is in two and a half hours! Not to bad for a newbie if you ask me. I was the last one out of the pool, but I didn't care! It just met that lots of people were cheering me on!!! The bike was not bad, I enjoy bike riding so this was easy for me. Olivia on the other hand got a flat tire and could not finish the bike.

Olivia being pick up by my mom and Chelsa.
I told myself that I would not push myself on the run and would walk most of it and run the last part, which was exactly what I did.

Please remember I am not a runner!
I felt great finishing it and would definitely do it again. Thanks for pushing me Olivia and thanks to mom and Chelsa for coming to cheer us on!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am SO proud of you! You did a SUPER great job!!! :) Let's plan another one! :) ha. for next year, somewhere near a beach! :) aaah, sharks!

    ReplyDelete