Friday, February 27, 2009

My Job


Many people ask what I do for a career. Sometimes they try to guess before I tell them. I get everything from school teacher, accountant, to counselor. I then say I work in Facility Management. They normally have a very puzzled look on their face. I proceed to tell them that I work for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Facility Management Department. We maintain the church buildings in the Gilbert, Queen Creek Arizona area. We have 9 stakes, 3 seminaries. As well as 4 buildings and 1 seminary that is under construction or design phase. Everyday there is something new to solve. The next question I get is how I got involved with facilities management. About three years ago I started looking for a new job, I was hired as an office assistant for the Mesa FM Group. I would pay the bills, answer the phone, do work orders and anything else that needed to be done. Then almost a year ago I finished my masters and received a promotion as an Assistant Facility Manager in the Gilbert FM Group. I love the people that I work with they are my extended family here in Phoenix. I now do more project base work and serve the priesthood leadership of the church. I love my job, I truly feel like I'm doing my part in building up the kingdom of God. I have to admit that out of all the jobs which I have had this is the one that I enjoy the most and find the most fulfilment in. Yes, some days are busy and stressful but I always walk away at the end of the day feeling that I had a difference in this world that we live in. And that feeling bring me a large amount of peace, joy and happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment